Policies and Procedures
- All animals are spayed or neutered prior to adoption. All cats are screened for Feline Leukemia and FIV.
- Animals are adopted only to homes where we believe they will receive good and stable life-long care.
- Prospective adopters must be at least eighteen (18) years of age and must sign an adoption agreement.
- No animal is knowingly adopted to a residence where pets are not allowed.
- Adopters intending to house a dog outside must have a doghouse and a fenced area or other suitable arrangement for the protection of the dog.
- Animals will not knowingly be adopted as a gift for another person unless she/he is a member of the immediate family or has been consulted and agrees to be available for adoption screening.
- Potential adopters must fill out an adoption request form and complete a 24-hour waiting period before adopting a pet.
- Potential adopters must attend a conference with an adoption counselor before adopting a pet.
- Read and research ideas on adopting and training cats or dogs before you adopt your pet.
- Visit the shelter or view all our animals on this website to see which cat or dog may be perfect for your family.
- Fill out an adoption request form to indicate which animal you’d like to adopt.
- You will be called by an adoption counselor to discuss your adoption request.