Volunteer With Orcas APS
We continue to be the recipient of hundreds of volunteer hours. Our clean, welcoming and homey shelter could not operate on a budget of less that $100,000 a year without the huge support we receive from volunteers staffing the office from 2-5 pm every day of the week. Retired nurses volunteer their time to help Dr. Joe Gaydos every week to provide needed medical care, vaccinations, and to spay and neuter all animals before they are released for adoption. Bookkeeping, landscape duties, minor building repairs and wine dinner help are all handled by volunteers. If you love animals and want to help, please stop by the shelter and visit or give Marsha Waunch, our shelter manager, a call to see how we might use your talents.
New volunteers are always welcome. Stop by the shelter for more information and get the word about the next training session.
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Pet Socialization: Providing companionship to shelter animals awaiting adoption.
- Animal Care: Brushing, walking dogs, etc. Volunteers may also help with medical care of pets.
- Greeters: Meet with people visiting the shelter and answer questions on adoption procedures, lost pet information, etc.
- Fund Raisers: Assist in activities to raise money for shelter projects.
- Shelter Care: Cleaning, gardening, carpentry, and general support of the shelter.
- Donate Your Time and Skills: The shelter can use skilled people to keep the Orcas Animal Shelter operating. If you have skills in bookkeeping, data entry, computer skills, or could provide other needed services, please call us to discuss the possibilities.