Have you Lost or Found a Pet?
If you have found a cat or dog and can’t find the owner or lost your own cat or dog, please call the Orcas Animal Shelter at 360-376-6777. We have a list of found pets and a list of people that are looking for their lost pet.
We try to post pictures of cats brought to us as strays on our website as well as our Facebook page. Cat owners often think their feline has gone on a ‘walk about’ and don’t begin searching for a few days. In general, dog owners start looking immediately and call us. Most dogs are returned to their owners the same day or the next day. It often takes a week or more to reunite a cat with its family.
If you have lost or found an animal on Orcas Island:
- Call our Shelter/Hotline 360-376-6777
- Call the Sheriff’s Dept, 360-378-4151 (Dogs only)
- Call Orcas Veterinary Services, 360-376-6373
- Call Eastsound Kennels, 360-376-2410
- Place a classified ad in the Sounder (Free)
- Check out existing lost/found ads or place your own (free) at: Pets 911
In addition if you have lost an animal on Orcas Island:
- If you’ve lost your cat, look at the Shelter News section on our Home Page at www.orcaspets.org.
- Notify all your neighbors
- Post “lost” signs in the area where the animal is lost.
- Post “lost” signs on local bulletin boards where appropriate: Island Market, Post Office, Ray’s Pharmacy, School, Ferry Landing, etc.
- Please, Notify Orcas APS (360-376-6777) when the animal is found and remove any signs you may have posted.